Successful people seem to better understand that success starts with good mental and physical health, which is known to be entirely dependent on getting enough sleep. What are some of the habits these highly successful people do right before they turn out the lights, according to Business Insider magazine?
1. They read: Experts agree that reading is the very last thing most successful people do before going to sleep.
2. They make a to-do list: This helps to clear your mind of the tasks that need to be done the next day.
3. They spend time with family: Remembering it’s important to make some time to chat with your partner, talk to your kids, or play with your furry friends.
4. They reflect on the day: Successful people take the time just before bed to reflect on things that happened that day. Often writing down what they are appreciative for.
5. They meditate: Many successful people use the 10 minutes before bed to meditate as it is a great way to relax and quiet their minds.
6. They plan out sleep: One way to do that is to go to bed at a consistent time each evening, which is a key habit to ensure a healthy night’s sleep.
7. They unplug and disconnect from work: The idea is to get your head out of work before you lie down to go to sleep.
8. They lie down on a positive note: Successful people typically manage to avoid that pessimistic spiral of negative self-talk because they know it will only create more stress.
9. They picture tomorrow’s success: Take a few minutes before bed to envision a positive outcome on whatever projects you’re working on.
The very last thing you do before bed tends to have a significant impact on your mood and energy level the next day, as it often determines how well and how much you sleep.