Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, the host of the on going Big Brother Naija reality show is a trained Nigerian lawyer and media personality.
Below are 7 amazing facts about this amazing media personality.
1. Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, born on July 14 1982 is the third of four children.
2. The lawyer turned media personality, who was born in Benin City, Edo state hails from Okija in Anambra state.
3. Ebuka had his secondary school education at Christ The King College, Abuja in 1997, and later proceeded to study Law at the University of Abuja where he graduated in 2004.
He later returned to school after a 5-year working gap, graduating in December 2010 from the Washington College of Law of the American University Washington DC, with Master of Laws degree specializations in Intellectual Property as well as Communications law from the Law and Government program.
4. He claimed the 8th position at in the first edition of Big Brother Nigeria held in Lagos in the year 2006.
5. The competition paved way for him to sign endorsement deals with a some major brands and as such, he hosted Friend or Foe on NTA, the GLO Show, also on NTA, as well as Guinness’ Greatness TV. He also maintained a weekly column called Contrast with Thisday Newspaper for about 4 years and has written for other publications including What’s New & Ace Magazines.
6. In 2013, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu was announced as the new host of popular TV talk-show, Rubbin’ Minds in which he was able to interview some of the biggest names connected to Nigerian youths, including Banky W., Gbenga Sesan, Seun Kuti, Oluchi Onweagba, Davido, J.J. Omojuwa and Chika Unigwe.
7. In 2013, he was honored by the Federal Government as one of the Best 100 Young Nigerians in one of the events to mark Nigeria’s 100th anniversary as a union.
8. On October 3rd 2015, he married his girlfriend, Cynthia Obianodo, daughter of popular transport Mogul, Vincent Obianodo.
9. On February 27th 2016, he was awarded Outstanding Male TV presenter at the Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards, in recognition of his great work on Rubbin’ Minds.
10. He is currently the host of the second edition of Big Brother Naija on going in South Africa.