Vaginal itching, irritation or burning in the vagina/vulva usually caused by yeast or bacteria infections, irritants, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and more can be very uncomfortable.
Vaginal itches is common in women of all agesplay
In some cases, these infection presents itself as swelling or redness with serious itching around the v**ina and vulva with smelly discharge (or not), it also causes discomfort during urination and generally.
Even before using medications to stop vaginal itching, you need ensure a proper hygiene as well as stay healthy. These six home remedies work for the common itching:
1. Ice Cube (Cold Compress)
Use ice cubes for instant relief from vaginal itching. Place the cubes on the affected area to reduce the itching/inflamation.
-Wrap ice cubes in a clean towel and secure.
– Apply the wrapped ice on the v**ina for a few minutes
-Take a break every 30/40 seconds before reapplying
– Repeat as needed until you are relieved
-Rinse the affected area with cold water
2. Apple Cider Vinegar Mix
Apple Cider Vinegar works well for antibacterial and anti fungal treatments.
Apple cider vinegar helps restore the natural pH balance of your v**ina.
-Add two tablespoons of unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a warm glass of water
-Wash the v**ina with this solution every morning and night for a few days
3. Honey + Apple Cider Vinegar
-Add two tablespoons of unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a teaspoon of raw honey
-Add warm water to the mix (to taste)
-Drink this solution every morning and night for a few days.
If itching persists, consult a doctor
Plain, unsweetened yogurt with active cultures is another good remedy to stop itching and burning in and around your vagina. The active cultures can control the spread of infection in the body. It also helps kill yeast and bad bacteria in the vagina and promote the growth of good bacteria.
Dip a tampon in yogurt and insert it in the vagina for two hours. Do this twice daily until you get relief.
Also, eat a few cups of plain, unsweetened yogurt every day.
Garlic contains antibacterial as well as antibiotic properties that can help kill bacteria and yeast. It also improves the immune system and helps the body fight infections.
– Dilute a few drops of garlic oil with 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil and apply it on the affected area.
– Wait 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Use this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
– Chew 3 cloves of raw garlic daily. Alternatively, you can take garlic supplements after consulting a doctor.
6. Salt Water Bath
Enjoying a salt-water bath can also relieve vaginal itching. Salt will control the growth of the microbes causing the infection and in turn reduce itching and other discomforts.
– Add 1 tablespoon of salt to a glass of water and use it to wash your vagina whenever you feel the itch. This will give you instant relief.
– Alternatively, fill your bathtub with warm water and add ½ cup of salt to it. Sit in the water in a squatting position for 10 to 15 minutes.
– Repeat 2 or 3 times daily for a few days for best results.
Note: Do not use salt remedies if you have any skin tears or open sores.