Besides Aloe Vera being just a plant, there are various ways in which it can be used. Aloe Vera is a plant that belongs to genus Aloe that grows wildly around the world and it is cultivated for both agricultural and medicinal uses. The Aloe Vera plant is one of nature’s great healers besides being used for decorative purposes too. The plant can also be found in consumer’s products like beverages, skin lotions, cosmetics, etc. This DIY project is easy to make and requires no harmful chemicals in it at all. Before you make your own Aloe Vera gel, make sure that the unprocessed plant is clear and not discoloured, otherwise dispose it and try a fresh leaf. Aloe Vera Gel is known for its excellent ability to penetrate the human skin and thus rehydrate it. It has positive effects on acne, can be used to treat sunburn and is even said to regenerate hair follicles. The main advantage of making the Aloe Vera gel at home is that you can be absolutely sure what is in it. Many ready-made products have only a minuscule amount of pure Aloe in it and will most likely not do you much good. Make sure you wash your hands properly before carrying out this DIY project.
What you’ll need:
- 1-3 fresh Aloe Vera leaves
- 500mg Vitamin C (powered)
- 400 IU Vitamin E (capsule)
- Clean container with lid
- Kitchen blender
- Small table knife
- Work gloves (optional)
- Rosewater (optional)
- The first step is to wash your hands. Make sure they are properly washed and also your tools to avoid contaminating the gel.
- Cut the leaf with a sharp knife close to the stem. Be careful of the yellow liquid that comes out of the cut tissue, it can irriate the story, so make sure you wash your Aloe Vera leaves well before further processing.
- Wash the Aloe Vera leaf properly and slice into two equal parts.
- Use a teaspoon to scratch out the content of the leaf directly into your kitchen blender. If small pieces of leaf tissue fall into the blender, carefully use a spoon to scoop it out before adding other ingredients.
- Add the content of one Vitamin E capsule into the blender which will enhance the positive effects of the Aloe Gel on your skin. Also, crush one Vitamin C pill and add it into the mixture – this will help to preserve your gel longer.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Rosewater or any other desired Intensity of scent you desire. The Rosewater is simply serving the purpose of enhancing the scent, as the pure gel can have a grassy and slightly unpleasant smell.
- Blend the mixture only for a few minute to avoid it from being too watery.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours and it is ready for use.