According to a report by, embattled senator, Dino Melaye, has vowed to appeal the judgement of a federal high court in Abuja, which ordered the continuation of the process for his recall from the upper chamber.
Recall that the High Court had given the Independent National Electoral Commission permission to proceed with its planned recall of Senator Melaye, dismissing the senators suit for lacking merit.
Justice Nnamdi Dimgba had said Melaye’s complaints are “hasty, premature and presumptuous,” ordering INEC to go ahead with its planned verification of signatures contained in the petition.
Speaking with newsmen, Melaye’s lawyer, Mike Ozekhome, said he had been directed to file an appeal today, Tuesday.
He added that a fresh motion against the respondents will also be filed after his client had viewed the petition against him.
“Of course we are challenging the judgment. The appeal against the judgment would be filed tomorrow (Tuesday).
“We are appealing against parts of the court judgement that did not favour us.
“You know that they did not initially want to disclose the identities of the petitioners to our client. But today, the court has ordered that they should provide the details of all the signatories.
“After looking at them and being able to show that some of them are fake, the names of dead people, I can assure you that we will start a fresh legal battle against the respondents,” Mr. Ozekhome said.