in , , , ,

Goodluck Jonathan Condoles with US over Horrible Las Vegas Attack

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan speaks during nationally broadcast interview with journalists in Abuja on February 11, 2015. Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan said on February 11 that he was "not consulted" on a widely-criticised decision to postpone national elections by six weeks, rejecting claims that his political interests motivated the delay. AFP PHOTO / STRINGER

According to a report by Naij.com, Former President Goodluck Jonathan has expressed his heartfelt condolences to the president of the United States of America Donald Trump over the horrible attack in Las Vegas on Monday, October 2.

In a brief statement on his Facebook page, Jonathan said the Nigerian people shared the sadness of the American people at this moment of horror.

But a Facebook user was not happy with Jonathan for doing this.

Also expressing the condolences of the Nigerian people to the Americans is former aviation minister Femi Fani-Kayode who tweeted:

NAIJ.com reported earlier that a 64-year-old gunman identified as Stephen Paddock fired rapidly from a Las Vegas hotel on a huge outdoor concert festival on Sunday night, sending people fleeing into the night.

Before SWAT units found him, he had killed more than 50 people, and injured at least 200 others. The tragedy has been named one of the deadliest mass shootings in United States history.

Singer Jason Aldean was performing outside at the Route 91 Harvest Festival, a three-day country music event, when the shooting started.

What do you think?

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Total votes: 0

Upvotes: 0

Upvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Downvotes: 0

Downvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Former President Obasanjo Makes Acting Debut in a Comedy Skit

Guava Health Benefits, Nutritional Value and Uses