Every woman wants to have smooth and silky hair. Short or long, curly or straight—shiny hair always gives a good impression.
The outer layer of healthy hair contains natural oil to keep it moist and shiny. When this layer is damaged, your hair will look dull, unhealthy and dry.
Some of the factors that contribute to dull hair are illness, nutritional deficiencies , use of harsh hair care products , not using a good conditioner , over exposure to sun , frequent use of hair dyes, age, excessive stress, high mineral content in the water, chlorine in swimming pools and use of heating tools.
Soft and shiny hair takes a bit of effort. Proper hair care is the only way for both men and women to get shiny, silky and smooth hair.But there are natural homemade remedies that can stop hair loss and can make even richer.
Here are some homemade remedies for shiny hair:
Eggs are perhaps one of the best ingredients to provide nourishment and shine to your hair in minutes. Being a good source of protein, fatty acids and lecithin, eggs help repair damaged and dull hair by adding moisture and shine. Eggs also help make your hair strands strong and thick.
1. Mix one egg white and one tablespoon each of olive oil and honey until you get a smooth paste.
2. Apply this paste on damp hair and scalp. Cover your head with a shower cap for about 30 minutes.
3.Then wash your hair with a mild shampoo and cool water.
4. Beat two eggs until you get a foamy texture. Mix in two tablespoons of almond oil and one-half cup of yogurt.
5. Apply this mixture on your hair and scalp. Cover with a shower cap for 30 minutes and then shampoo your hair with cool water. Follow either of these egg treatments once a week to get soft and shiny hair.
Note: Never rinse your hair with hot water after using an egg mask. Hot water will clot the egg and it will be very difficult to wash it out of your hair.
Beer works as an excellent hair tonic. The proteins (hops and malt) in beer help repair damaged hair cuticles and provide nourishment to hair follicles. This in turn adds luster and shine to your hair .
1. Wash your hair with shampoo and then apply flat beer from the root to the ends.
2. Massage the beer thoroughly into your scalp using circular motions.
3. Allow it to sit for about five minutes and then rinse it off.
4. Follow this remedy once every two weeks.
3. Coconut Oil
To get shiny hair, it is important to provide nourishment by applying oil to your hair regularly. Coconut oil (organic and unrefined) is one of the best options. It helps restore moisture to dry and damaged hair, in turn making it shiny and healthy.
1. Apply warm coconut oil on your hair, from the root to the ends.
2. Massage for a few minutes and then wrap your hair in a shower cap or towel for at least 30 minutes.
3. Rinse your hair with water, then shampoo and condition like normal.
4. Another option is to add a few curry leaves to two tablespoons of coconut oil. Heat it until warm. When cool, massage the oil gently onto the scalp and hair. Cover with a warm towel for 30 minutes and then wash with a mild shampoo.
5. Follow either of these remedies once or twice a week, depending on your hair condition.
You can also use olive oil, castor oil, or almond oil and follow the same process.
Mayonnaise has amino acids, protein and antioxidants that will make your hair strong, soft, healthy and shiny .
1. Use one-half to one cup of full-fat mayonnaise, as needed for your hair length.
2. Apply it on freshly washed, damp hair.
3. Cover your hair with a shower cap for at least 30 minutes.
4. Thoroughly wash your hair using cold water and a mild shampoo.
5. Repeat this remedy on a weekly basis to enjoy hydrated and shiny hair.
Avocado contains nutrients that will deeply moisturize and nourish your hair. This in turn will make your hair smooth and shiny. Avocado is also extremely good for dry and damaged hair.
1. Mix one mashed ripe avocado with two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
2. Apply this mixture on damp hair, from the roots to the ends.
3. Cover with a shower cap for 30 minutes. Finally, rinse and shampoo your hair as usual.
4. You can also mash one ripe avocado and one ripe banana together. Mix in one-half tablespoon of almond oil. Massage this paste onto your scalp and spread it all over your hair. Cover your head with a shower cap for 30 minutes or more. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and then shampoo your hair.
5. Follow either of these remedies once or twice a week, depending on the condition of your hair.
6. Onion juice
Yes, onions have a strong and unpleasant smell, but this treatment is really effective. Due to the sulphur content from onions, the production of collagen in tissues increases; the result being strong shiny hair.
What do you need? You need the juice of 2-3 onions (a juicer is helpful in this case).
1. Massage the scalp thoroughly with the juice; you should not wash your hair for at least one hour; finally use a gentle shampoo to wash your hair.
2. Repeat this treatment weekly.
7. Potato juice for shiny hair
You need 3 medium potatoes, an egg yolk, and a teaspoon of honey.
1. Squeeze juice from potatoes and blend with yolk and 1 tbs. honey.
2. Apply the resulting mask to your roots and let it act for at least half an hour.
3. Then wash your hair as usual. This mask is also very effective for dry hair.
8. Natural apple vinegar
Apple vinegar is a product highly praised for its beneficial effects on the skin and hair. Because it is acidic, it manages to purify the scalp thoroughly, removing all the impurities that might clog hair follicles. Furthermore, natural apple vinegar balances the pH of the scalp and provides shine to your hair.
1. Rinse your freshly washed hair with some apple vinegar diluted with water.
2. Then wash with clean water to remove the pungent odour.
3. Repeat weekly.
9. Heated olive oil
A very good thing that you can do to get healthy shiny hair is to massage the scalp at least once a week with heated olive oil (it should be at a pleasant temperature for skin).
1. Massage it for at least 15 minutes, using circular movements.
2. Do not pull it too hard. Besides that you will improve blood circulation in the scalp, you will have a better nourished hair.