Long lasting makeup is desirable but a lot of people struggle to keep it in place for hours on end.
Make-up for oily skin especially can be quite tricky as it takes a lot of skill to get it to stay on and flawless at the same time last all day.
While some will argue that a primer works best which should be the first thing to go on the facial skin before makeup application, not all primer gives that result and let’s face it using a super expensive primer all day everyday under a makeup look is wasteful when there is a way to achieve a long lasting result without breaking the bank!
It’s important though to ensure long lasting and water based makeup products are used everyday to achieve a flattering coverage that will last all day. So to ensure makeup last all day use Translucent powder (or plain old white powder)!
To achieve a long lasting makeup look, follow the steps:
- Dust white/translucent powder lightly all over the face (especially areas where you tend to get oilier i.e the T-zone)
- Go on with primer or not and let sit
- Applying makeup in the normal steps as you would
- After applying foundation, dust on translucent/white powder all over the face again lightly and let sit
- Bake and set undereye area and dust off excess powder
- Continue with the rest of your makeup.
Setting the face and foundation with white/translucent powder helps makeup stay on for longer and all you need do through the day is gently dab on the face if there’s need to! It works!