Did you know?
For the longest time, tiger nuts and a special tiger nut drink (which includes dates and coconut) have been used to boost the libido and stimulate arousal in many African and Middle Eastern countries. However, it has only recently come to light that there are benefits of tiger nuts for both female and male fertility.
We will not waste time on talking about male fertility, as it is not what we are here for. There are a lot of reasons why you would want to add tiger nuts to your diet if you want to conceive.
If you and your partner struggle with infertility and are undergoing treatment for it, you both should consume tiger nuts in one way or the other. They will significantly improve the success rate of the treatment.
- In case you have problems with your menstrual cycle (because of either hormone imbalance or older age), tiger nuts can help you normalise your menstruations and avert ovulation decline.
- Vitamin E that is contained in tiger nuts is a perfect immune system booster. A healthy body is of utmost importance when one is trying for a baby, so tiger nuts can help in making the body stronger and keeping the diseases away.
- And last, but definitely not least, the same Vitamin E is also great for maintaining a healthy weight. Numerous studies have shown that having the weight that is considered normal for your body is very beneficial in the process of conceiving a child. Vitamin E in tiger nuts can prevent the oxidation of polyunsaturated fats, thus helping you lose any excessive weight before pregnancy. It is a win-win!
If these reasons are somehow not enough for you to consider adding tiger nuts to your diet, we can offer you some more advantages of it during the pregnancy itself.
Tiger nuts and pregnancy
As we all know, getting pregnant is only the first and often the easiest step in having a baby. Ahead of you are many months of carrying a child in your belly. That is why you will need all the help you can get in these difficult times. And tiger nuts should become your best friends for the time being.
Why? Let’s see:
- The famous Vitamin E we have talked so much about before is not only good for conceiving a baby. It is also essential for the formation and maintenance of placenta, which is going to be the home for your baby in its first few months of existence.
- Many pregnant women experience troubles while going to the restroom. A moderate intake of tiger nuts or tiger nut milk might help in alleviating those problems and regulating the bowel movement.
- All that is good about tiger nuts for conceiving a child also works during pregnancy. Tiger nuts reduce the levels of sugar in the blood, boost immunity, stabilise the cardiovascular and nervous systems, activate the cerebral blood flow and give charge to the muscles.
- Tiger nuts are great for detoxifying the body and removing oxidants. They also block cancer cells from developing. The important elements in the tiger nuts normalise acidity, stimulate the digestive system and activate metabolism.
- Tiger nuts can be a great help when it comes to lactation. They stimulate the production of milk in your body, so that you can effectively feed your child.
That is about it for the benefits of tiger nuts for fertility and pregnancy. Tiger nuts seem to be capable of quite a lot of things, aren’t they? 🙂 We hope that this article has helped you learn more about tiger nuts and how they can aid you in your quest of becoming a mother. We wish you all the best and good luck!