12 tips to better moisturize your skin and keep it that way:
1. Use Makeup remover first. One fundamental skincare tip ladies always miss is to remove their makeup with an oil-based makeup remover first before cleansing. When you do it this way, it will be easier to loosen up tough makeup first rather than washing away with water which only makes your makeup smudge.
2. Always cleanse with lukewarm water and a gentle cleanser. If you haven’t already noticed, water that is too cold or too hot instantly dries up your skin just as extreme weather conditions would suck out moisture. Cleanse your skin without stripping it off with moisture. as for your cleanser, you should match it with your skin types and skin needs as well. Acne-prone skin types will benefit the most from cleansers that contain salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide.
3. Use essential Oil. It’s hard to pick up the right moisturizing product. When commercial products raise red flags, you know you can always rely on essential oils to do the moisturizing for you.
4. Use antioxidants in your routine. Antioxidants protect your skin from further damage as it revitalizes your skin cells and improves its ability to hold moisture in. When you are looking for ways to get rid of dehydration wrinkles , antioxidants will act as a catalyst. These are also often laden with beneficial vitamins your skin needs to recuperate from stress.
5. Moisturize more. When the essential oils and antioxidants have seeped in, follow through with additional layers of moisture-rich products. You do have to find one that suits your skin and leaves it with a silky, soft feel.
6. Moisturize the skin around your eyes. Check if the proprietary ingredient, Processed Skin Proteins, found in many products is what can lift your eye skin and make it look less fatigued and more radiant. An eye cream will be required for skin already undergoing early signs of skin aging.
7. Always use Sun protector cream.
The sun’s UV rays is the main cause of premature skin aging, including extreme and chronic skin dryness that deplete your skin’s moisture levels. When your skin matrix is damaged by UV, it becomes less efficient in keeping moisture in, making it unable to bounce back from a wrinkled state as it loses elasticity. Keep that sunscreen on and always carry it around for reapplication.
8. Exfoliate regularly. Make exfoliation a constant but not daily part of your skincare routine. The agenda for exfoliation is simple: you want to slough off dead skin so that newer, younger skin can show through.
9. Flood skin with moisture overnight. Different skin types at different ages will require varying kinds and amounts of moisture-giving nutrients. In general, mature skin will require anti-aging creams to moisturize skin as it treats the damages on the skin. Skin at any age will benefit from products such as sleep packs and sheet masks that flood skin with moisture. Give yourself these treatments as frequently as you can.
10. Adopt a healthier lifestyle. Eat foods that promote healthier body and healthier skin. Generally, these are fresh produce rich water and essential nutrients. Exercise to pump up your circulation.